Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

World Read Aloud Day, Feb. 1, 2018

I really love WRAD. 
(You can read more about it right HERE.)

Each year author Kate Messner's blog lists children's authors willing and able and excited to read to classes via Skype, and teachers begin sending requests.

What's really fun (for me) besides the read-aloud part is sharing books I'm currently reading or books I've loved or books that might appeal to young readers and their teachers and librarians who appreciated my own books.

Here's my stack, ready for tomorrow.  First I'll talk about my books. Then I'll read for a few minutes. Then I get to rave about books I love.

What could be more fun? Nothing I can think of right now.



(from the bottom up: Leslie Connor's THE TRUTH AS TOLD BY MASON BUTTLE, Barbara O'Connor's WISH, Shannon Hitchcock's RUBY LEE & ME, Linda Jackson's MIDNIGHT WITHOUT A MOON. And my three books.)

1 comment:

Carol Baldwin said...

Have fun doing what you love best- reading! Such a super stack of books!