Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Bread!



That got your attention, didn't it?





I'm reading SUCH a good book. A book for grownups!  I usually read a lot of middle-grade novels, a handful of Young Adult, and even a smidgen of picture books.  My adult fiction reading has suffered. I'm trying to remedy that.

This was under my Christmas tree (Okay, I bought it for myself, but still...).  






 It's a short novel. It's hard to describe. But it's so very good.
If you don't believe me, check out this great piece via NPR.

On a side, non-book note:
I used to bake sourdough bread. Three loaves a week. Fed that starter every few days! They were delicious loaves, but once there were just two of us left at home to eat it, I stopped before I turned into a loaf. I miss that bread. Especially after reading this book.

Another non-book-related note: if you do love bread, you must have my new favorite thing. My friend Patty brought it to me as a gift and I immediately ordered a few, as gifts for my best foodie friends.




This is the bee's knees. Best thing since sliced bread.
Okay, you knew I was going to say that, didn't you.

https://www.beeswrap.com/products/bees-bread-wrap

1 comment:

Rosi said...

I read the occasional adult book. It keeps me grounded. Mysteries and historical fiction are my choices. I started making bread recently. I bought a bread machine at a garage sale last summer and stuck it on a shelf in my garage for some rainy day. Then, the end of summer, I got an exchange student from Belgium. Amandine is a real foodie and eats enormous amounts of bread. She never quite liked what I bought although I was buying lots of really good bread. She announced she wanted to make bread, so I got the bread machine out and we started experimenting. Now I have perfected rye bread, my personal favorite, and now her personal favorite. I make it three times a week and the house smells so good.