Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

St. Brendan the Navigator...

OK, the next time I go for a walk on the beach, I'm taking my notebook. Or at least a camera. What I think will be a quick walk to breathe the fresh air and stare at the water always surprises me.
Today, besides children building drip castles, an Army helicopter flying back and forth, lots of sunbathers and one brave soul swimming, a bagpiper walked up and down, close to the water. Of course, I followed him. I love bagpipes. Plus, he was wearing a teeshirt from Pt. Pleasant NJ: St. Brendan the Navigator Pipes and Drums. How could I not pay attention?

Read more about bagpipe bands on the website Real Men Wear Kilts. My bagpiper wore his kilt, played his bagpipes, and dipped bare feet in the sand. And that music- mixed with the sound of the water and the gulls screaming..

No comments: