Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

This 'n That

Lots to catch up with. Including this NY Times article, re: self publishing. I believe this came up in a Q&A session at my Writers in Paradise workshop.

Ten on a Toboggan, the book two others and I edited for the Chatham Historical Society, an oral history of our town, was a huge labor of love and a lot of hard work. And a perfect book for self-publishing. We have a limited market, we did a good job putting the book together, and now it's available to anyone who wants to purchase a copy. But would I self-publish a novel? Doubt it.

Speaking of books. Old news by now, but did everyone hear the Newbery and Caldecott Medal books announced yesterday. Still a bit of chatter about popular vs literary. I'll reserve judgement since I'm still waiting to read the very popular Newbery winner:
The Graveyard Book.

Here's one blogger's take on the awards. And here's a picture- scary cover, no?



No comments: