Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Food Glorious Food Writing!

The James Beard Awards were just announced. There's a big long list of them at the website. Among the winners- John Currence , the chef at City Grocery in Oxford, MS (yum). A whole bunch of NYC restaurants (big surprise), and one of my favorite new cookbooks. I just finished reading this one by Martha Foose. Loved it. Especially loved the stories.



The Washington Post's food section was honored. A Gourmet Magazine piece by the late, great Edna Lewis about what Southern food really is. And a winning food blog. So many things I'll have to check out. Since I love reading/ writing about food, and sampling new great places to eat, this shouldn't be too hard.

No comments: