Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Tinkers


As if in counterpoint to their scathing review of Solar, which I blogged about yesterday, today's New York Times has an amazing story of the winner of the Pulitzer Prize. After reading this longish excerpt of TINKERS, a debut novel published by a small independent press, I'm reserving the book from my library right now.

And of course, the story of its route to publication must give heart to all those rejected writers who are told their book doesn't fit the mold. Hooray for Independent Bookstores who pushed, cajoled, cheerleaded this book to fame.

NB: The New York Times Book Review didn't review this one... Somehow, according to the Review's bloggers, it missed their radar. With today's article, they made up for that, Big Time.

No comments: