Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Names! (again)

Just in the nick of time, my book has a title!

GLORY BE!

(That's the title, not just me shouting hallelujah.) Glory is my narrator's name. The book just cried out to be titled GLORY BE. I'm so happy!

As much as I dread Titles, I love names. I love place names, character names, street names. I don't even mind Chapter Names.

Here's a name that surfaced in my newspaper and I totally love it. Goliath. I can just picture a boy in a book named Goliath. Our local Goliath is called Go by his friends. Love that also.

A recent church bulletin I tucked away for safe-keeping celebrated the lives of those who'd died in 2010 and those who were born that year. The name comparison says a lot.

Edna Mae, Shirley, Murray, Norma Betty, Doris, Hazel, Glen, Homer.

Kinsley Grace
Connor
Sarah Lucy

Can you tell which are the babies' names?

Come to think of it, maybe the old names are new again. There's also a Lola Marie on that list of babies born in 2010.

Names, names, names. Inspirational. Naming a character so makes me want to write about him.

Picking titles? Not so much. It's good to have help in that department.
Glory Be! I do love it.

Related post: Picking Titles

6 comments:

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Oh that is such a glorious title. I love it! So happy for you. And yes, Goliath is awesome too. Guess, I can't use it now, can I? ; )

Of courese not. It's yours.

Unknown said...

LOL ☛Title help. As one who "helped" and came up with nothing much, GLORY BE is perfection. But then, so is your editor.

✍ ✍ ✍

Shannon Hitchcock said...

The title is catchy and absolutely perfect! Congrats on the invitation to speak at the Scholastic sales conference!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Thanks, everyone! Joyce, I say whoever comes up first with good story around Goliath gets him! (Just pls don't base frumpy librarian on somebody named Scattergood, which I've been asked about also!).☺☺

Leslie, you helped in more ways than I can say.

Shannon, thank you for the congrats.

Send good vibes my way Tuesday noon. I packed my raincoat, but won't let a few showers get in my way!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Love that title!!!

Kimberley Griffiths Little said...

Love that title!!!