Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Friday, April 15, 2011

SIBA Awards



I always love seeing the OKRA picks (no resemblance to my lunch the other day. Well, maybe.) Great Southern books.

Now SIBA (Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance) has announced the finalists for their 2011 Award. I am so reading these books, as soon as I whittle my Must Read list down a bit. But I've already read a couple, and all of the YA Nominees.  (There were only three, but still.)

Has anyone read Pete the Cat- a picture book my friend Patty loves?  It's on the children's list.

Click here for the complete list.

Here's the Fiction (Includes two of my favs!):

Bloodroot by Amy Greene (Vintage Books)
Burning Bright by Ron Rash (Ecco Press)
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin (William Morrow)
On Folly Beach by Karen White (New American Library)
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman (Penguin)

4 comments:

Shannon Hitchcock ~ Children's Writer said...

Loved BLOODROOT! SAVING CEE CEE HONEYCUT is on my must read list. Don't you just love that name?

Augusta Scattergood said...

Loved Bloodroot also. So much.
Agreed- re: title.

Good list, every year. Thanks for your comment, Shannon.

Joyce Moyer Hostetter said...

Honeycutt is a great name. Period.

Unknown said...

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter was excellent. I enjoyed it so much, I immediately re-read it to catch all the parts I missed in gobbling it up the first time.