Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Battle Continues

I can't believe how intrigued I am with this Battle of the Books thing. In a million years, why should I read about one book vs another when I often haven't even read both books?

Because the judges are so hilarious and so bright and so very articulate, that's why.

Okay for Now vs. Wonderstruck?

I've actually read both those books and would have guessed Okay for Now. But like my beloved basketball team and their bracket, you just never know.

So check it out. Here's the School Library Journal website:

http://battleofthebooks.slj.com/

Plus, they have these really cool graphics:



And I love how they link all the blog posts, tweets, etc., others have written. Now THAT can lead to some serious time wasting- chugging along following those links.
But it's not wasting time when you learn something new about books.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.



Related posts: Okay for Now
Battle of the Books

2 comments:

Sondy said...

I found you by following the Peanut Gallery link! I'm also using time following those links... so easy to become obsessed!

I currently have your book on hold and am looking forward to reading it, by the way. I recently learned that I have some Scattergoods in my ancestry, way back in the 1700s in New Jersey! So maybe we are very very distant cousins!

Augusta Scattergood said...

Thanks for your comment, Sondy. Yes, I'm still following that Battle of the Books-- and enjoying.

You certainly could be a cousin (of my husband's). They also started in NJ, way back when.