Books -- reading and writing.
Home, cooking, the weather.
And whatever connections I can make between these chapters of my life.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Librarians...

In honor of the American Library Association annual conference winding down today, I share this quote:

"You honor your reservations; you go to your meetings so we can clean the rooms; you're relatively quiet; and you drink more than the American Legion."

Anonymous hotel official, on why he liked the ALA annual conference
(Quoted by Patricia Wilson Berger in Chicago Tribune article, 29 June 1990, Tempo section, p. 1)

3 comments:

PragmaticMom said...

I think that is a compliment ... about the drinking!

Lee Stokes Hilton said...

I'm with him -- I love librarians. And now I know why.

Augusta Scattergood said...

Right you are, P.M.!